Monday, July 22, 2013

They said I should write what I know



“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” ― William Wordsworth

I have always wanted to write and I prayed that the good Lord would grant me the ability to write, the same way he blessed my mother. For most of my childhood, I remember asking God every night to change the course of my life and make me more like my mother; at least in that sense.


Here is a photo of my mother in her late 20s

When I met Max and he told me that writing has a lot more to do with what you know rather than how you write (your form), I decided that it was time for me to start a blog. At first, I figured that no one had to know I had a blog as not all blogs are meant to be public. But then so many of my friends said that all I needed to do was to write from the heart and to write what I know, so here I am with my 3rd post for the year (A huge feat for me!).




So, what do I know? If there is one thing I know, one thing I am certain of; is that God is GOOD and is Faithful through each of our trials. It may not feel that way, but He is, and will always be.


How do I know this?


Remember my last post, where I shared with you a verse in the bible? Can I repost it again to refresh your memory?




I am of the belief that everything that happens to you is (somewhat) ordained by God. Yes, we do have our free will, but He is all-knowing; He already knows your decisions even before you make them. When my life falls apart, I see this as God's way of testing my faithfulness to Him. When a prayer is either delayed or unanswered, I know that the answer to my prayer (whether it was the one I was praying for or God's own answer to my prayer), is close behind.


Burning and Shining Brightly, as a result of the Fire 

I also see my tribulations as a chance to look inward; to reflect, to examine my soul (with courage I might add), and I know it won't be long until the Lord reveals what is truly inside of me; whether it is resentment, anger, hate, bitterness, sadness, pride, or even envy. It takes a lot of courage to accept the things that are revealed when you look inwardly with courage, especially during your darkest hour. But I am comforted knowing that He is in the shadows watching over me, as I go through my troubles. I am comforted knowing that I am truly not alone.

The trick is to be still, to trust in God when troubles arise; allowing God to work in us through our suffering. There is a saying that when the fire in our life is the hottest, we should stand still as God will produce his harvest in us.



Trials are the food of Faith, And Faith is being certain of what We Do Not See.                                
Do you know that when this happens, I remind Him (God) of His promises to me? And do you also know that the Good Lord cannot say NO? During times of affliction is when I hold God to His promises. Do you also know that God's timing is perfect? He is never early and is never late. So when I am in a very dark place, I pray for strength so that I do not rush Him because trouble and darkness are meant to teach me. Liberated by the shackles and untouched by the furnace, ika nga :-).


Mantra: Victors in the Conflict and Rich in Poverty. Yes, these things are hard but with faith, they can be done. I should end my blog before I get overly preachy.


As an end to my blog post, allow me to leave you with words that have comforted me in my darkest hour:



It is through the most difficult trials that God often brings 
the sweetest discoveries of Him. 

It is in our Weakest that God works at His Strongest.



God bless you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check out my last post

Countdown to our 20th Year Anniversary!

Max had an idea for a celebration: In  COVID-19 fashion. for 20 days we will watch a movie per day that represents the last twenty years we ...